We are all familiar with the dreadful feeling of stress. Here are a few things I have learned that help me feel less stress in my life.
1. It is possible to be busy, and not stressed. The key is to be fully present with everything you do. Stress results from needless thinking. When you are fully present, you eliminate needless thinking. And you eliminate stress.
2. You cannot control outcomes. You can only control your actions. So strive to do the very best you can. Then, let go.
3. Accept first, act second. When you refuse to accept what is happening and it continues to happen, you feel stress. When you accept what is happening, you eliminate your internal struggle, and you eliminate stress. Now you can take action to improve your situation.
4. There is always time for the important things. We make time for the things that are truly important to us. If you don’t have the time for something, perhaps it is not as important to you as other things are. Consider letting go of the need to do it.
5. Replenish your reserves. Constantly “doing” depletes your reserves. When your reserves are depleted and you keep going, you feel stress. So take the time to replenish your reserves in whatever way feels right to you.